ACCIDENT INFORMATION FOR PILOTS
Quick Reference Guide for Flight Crew Involved in an Accident or Incident
AusALPA recommends that you make no statements until you talk to your representative.
On completion of liaison with RFF (if applicable) and once the safety and welfare of passengers and crew has been attended to:
- Notify your company (refer to Contact Directory for telephone numbers);
- Call the AIPA/AFAP/IFALPA/local IFALPA Member Association Accident/ Incident Hotline;
- Relocate and isolate all crew away from the accident location (and away from passengers if possible);
- Conduct a factual debrief with all crew;
- Seek medical advice and clearance before submitting yourself to any form of interview;
- If required, give a brief factual statement to government officials using the sample statement below as a guide;
- Make private notes of the events, your actions and persons you dealt with;
- If required, your IFALPA organisation will dispatch a representative to your location;
- Do not speak to the media.